Length of Course: 9 hours
Course Level: Instructor
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified Chief Range Safety Officer or appointed Training Counselor.
Teaching locations: Manhattan, Medford and Uniondale, our Travel Training Team is also available
Course Description: This 9 hour course is classroom based at a shooting range. Candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of a Range Safety Officer; Range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); range inspection; range rules; range briefings; emergency procedures; and firearm stoppages and malfunctions. Each range safety officer candidate will receive an RSO Student Study Guide, a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, and NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include:
- Develops the knowledge skills and attitude essential to organizing, conducting and supervising safe range operations
- Learn how to inspect various types of ranges
- Learn how to educate new shooters
- What are and how to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Learn proper emergency procedures that protect everyone.
- Pad and paper
- Positive Attitude and willingness to help others!