Length of Course: Day 1: Classroom and Range 9 hrs. Day 2: Range 6 hrs
Course Level: Novice
Teaching locations: Medford, Ridge and Uniondale, our Travel Training Team also available.
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified instructor,
Course Description: The two day course teaches students the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective, and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. The course teaches students the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective, and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. Students have the opportunity to attend this course using a quality strong side hip holster that covers the trigger, or a holster purse. From a review of safe firearms handling and proper mindset to presentation from concealment and multiple shooting positions, this course contains the essential skills and techniques needed to prevail in a life-threatening situation.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include:
- Learn the essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store, and use a firearm safely and effectively for personal protection outside the home.
- Conceal carry options
- Holster selection
- Drawing from a holster
- Pros and cons of conceal carry
- Shooting from various types of positions you can find yourself in on a daily bases
- Speaking to police after a potential critical incident
- In NY you must have a NY pistol permit
- Pistol (You must bring a pistol registered to you to take the class!)
- Three magazines
- Strong side holster; magazine holders
- 350 rounds of ammunition
- Cover garment
- Knee pads (optional)
- Eye and ear protection