Length of Course: 8 hours
Course Level: Starter
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified instructor,
Teaching locations: Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Calverton, Manhattan, Medford, Uniondale, The Compound, and Travel Training Team also available
Course Description: This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot bolt actiona and semi-automatic rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the rifle; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include:
- Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children (dependant on location and local laws).
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a rifle safely
- Rifle knowledge, safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of rifle shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the first shots, cleaning, storage, rifle sports and activities
- Course Completion: Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- If you do not have a firearm, no problem, a selection can be supplied during the class at an additional charge.
- Have your own firearm? Great. Please bring it along.
- Bring a rifle a 100 rounds of factory ammo to use.
- This course is all inclusive: Class – Certificate – Materials – Range Time – Targets – Eye and Ear Protection
- Comfortable clothing and No open-toed shoes. Sleeveless and low cut shirts are not recommended
Need a private or semi-private lesson to fit your schedule? If you do not see a training date that suits your schedule, please contact us to make personal arrangements. Private or semi-private instruction is scheduled at your convenience with no waiting list. No prior experience necessary. If you do not have a firearm yet, let us know and arrangements can be made.