Length of Course: 14 hours
Course Level: Instructor
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor.
Teaching locations: Ridge, our Travel Training Team is also available.
Course Description: NRA Shotgun Instructor training begins where NRA Basic Instructor training stops: with Lesson VI. This NRA Shotgun Instructor training class proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach shotgun shooting on a basic level. NRA Shotgun Instructor training concludes with the Shotgun Instructor examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include: Teaching the eight lessons in the NRA Shotgun Course training class which include:
- Introduction to “NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans”
- Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Handling”
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting”
- Basic Shotgun Shooting Instructional Method
- Firing the First Shots”
- Shotgun Shooting Skills Practical Exercise”
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Shotgun Shooters
- Shotgun Sports and Activities”
- Shotgun Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion.
- Complete the Pre-Course Assessment prior to coming to class
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor Trainingclass part 1
- Make your Deposit or full payment for the course
- Shotgun and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and Ear protection
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help others