Length of Course: 14 hours
Course Level: Instructor
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor.
Teaching locations: Medford, Ridge and Uniondale, our Travel Training Team is also available.
Course Description: NRA Rifle Instructor training begins where NRA Basic Instructor training stops: with Lesson VI. This NRA Rifle Instructor training class proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach rifle shooting on a basic level. NRA Rifle Instructor training concludes with the Rifle Instructor examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include: Teaching the lessons in the NRA Rifle Instructor training class which include:
- Introduction to “NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans”
- Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling”
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting”
- Basic Rifle Shooting Instructional Method
- Firing the First Shot”
- Standing Rifle Shooting Positions”
- Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions”
- Sitting Rifle Shooting Position and Review of Positions”
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Rifle Shooters
- Rifle Sports and Activities”
- Rifle Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
- Complete and Pass the Pre-Course Assessment prior to coming to class
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor trainingclass, part 1
- Make your Deposit or Full payment for the course
- Rifle and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and ear protection
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others