Length of Course: 9 hours
Course Level: Instructor
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified appointed Training Counselor.
Teaching locations: Medford, Ridge and Uniondale, our Travel Training Team also available.
Course Description: An NRA Pistol Instructor Training class begins where NRA Basic Instructor Training stops: with Lesson VI. Then NRA Pistol Instructor Training proceeds through eight lessons that teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach pistol shooting on a basic level. NRA Pistol Instructor Training concludes with the Pistol Instructor Examination and other preliminaries to certification by the NRA. We help you learn you what you need to know for success as an NRA Pistol Instructor and we help you apply your knowledge, skills, and attitude to teaching your own classes successfully. Photographs on this page show just a few aspects of how we teach a typical NRA Pistol Instructor class. Two photographs give you a glimpse of our hands on instructional method. First we teach you how to coach a student firing the first shots. Then we supervise you as you do an actual coaching session with a student firing those first shots. We explain, demonstrate, and guide you through what you need as a first rate certified Pistol Instructor. Look for us in the photographs and you’ll notice that we are always visible but never intrusive.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include: How to teach the lessons of the NRA Pistol Instructor Training class which include the following:
- Introduction to “NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans”
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Handling”
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting”
- Basic Pistol Shooting Instructional Method
- Firing the First Shots”
- Scoring Targets and Selecting and Maintaining a Pistol”
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
- Continued Opportunities for Skill Development”
- Complete the Pre-Course Assessment prior to coming to class
- Complete our NRA Basic Instructor Trainingclass part 1
- Make your Deposit or full payment for the course
- Pistol and 50 rounds of ammo
- Eye and Ear protection
- Positive attitude