Length of Course: 8 hours
Course Level: Starter
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified instructor,
Teaching locations: Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Calverton, Manhattan, Medford, Uniondale, The Compound, and Travel Training Team also available
Course Description: This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
Topics covered to include:
- Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children (dependant on location and local laws).
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely
- Pistol knowledge, safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of pistol shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the first shots, cleaning, storage, pistol sports and activities
- Course Completion: Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- This course satisfies practical requirements for the Florida non-resident concealed carry permit.
- If you do not have a firearm, no problem, a selection can be supplied during the class at an additional charge.
- Have your own firearm? Great. Please bring it along.
- Ammo: 22 (if available), 9, or 38 ammo is supplied if needed. If you choose to bring a pistol and it uses a different caliber, please bring a box of factory ammo to use.
- This course is all inclusive: Class – Certificate – Materials – Range Time – Targets – Eye and Ear Protection
- Comfortable clothing and No open-toed shoes. Sleeveless and low cut shirts are not recommended
Need a private or semi-private lesson to fit your schedule? If you do not see a training date that suits your schedule, please contact us to make personal arrangements. Private or semi-private instruction is scheduled at your convenience with no waiting list. No prior experience necessary. If you do not have a firearm yet, let us know and arrangements can be made.