Dynamic Shotgun 1
Length of Course: 8-9 hours
Course Level: Starter
Who teaches this course? This course is taught by an NRA-certified instructor,
Teaching locations, Calverton and Uniondale, our Travel Training Team also available
Course Description: A shotgun is a long gun designed to be fired with two hands. It has a smooth bore (the inside part of the barrel) and is designed to shoot a variety of ammunition types, ranging from a single solid projectile, called a slug, to multiple projectiles, called shot. Shotguns are often used in bird hunting and in the sports of trap, skeet, shooting clays and often used as a home defense tool. This shotgun course runs between 8 hours and 9 hours. This course is geared towards those looking to own a shotgun for home protection and self-defense. During this class, students will get instruction and intensive lessons in safety, gun handling, fundamentals of shotgun shooting, several practical exercises on the firing range, cleaning, storage, and a summary of shotgun sports and activities.
Once you have read the additional information below, if you still have any questions, please check out our FAQ Page If you do not see the answers you are seeking, feel free to email us or call
What you Get:
- Student Handbook
- Safety Brochure
- Expert Instruction from Qualified Instructors
- Use of 20 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun if required or you can bring your own
- Range Time and Instruction
- This course is all inclusive – class – certificate – materials – range time – targets – eye and ear protection.
- The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children (dependant on location and local laws).
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a shotgun safely
- Safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of shotgun shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the shotgun, cleaning, storage, shotgun sports and activities.
- Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- If you do not have a firearm, no problem, we can provide for use of 20 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun if required for an additional charge. If you are using our firearms you will also need to purchase the ammunition from us.
- Have your own firearm? Great. Please bring it along.
- Billed baseball cap
- Have your own eye and ear protection? Great! Please bring it along
- Comfortable clothing and No open-toed shoes. Sleeveless and low cut shirts are not recommended
- A Positive Attitude and willingness to learn